5.10.10

Let's talk dreaming. Sometimes I get sick to my stomach when I'm forced to read/hear/see another "Follow your dreams"-statement. They come in different packages: "Don't just dream, do" "You can always do what you want, if you want it enough" "Make your dreams come true" "Quit your day job and follow your dreams" Yada, yada, yada. I'm provoked, people! It urges me to come up with a statement of my own: Don't waste your life on being sad over the fact that you always feel like a failure when you read a statement about following dreams and thinking of how you never live up to that image.

Seriously guys. As I see it, the problem here is that these dreams they talk about are surprisingly often not necessary sprung from within myself. Tada! What a revelation! There's a thing called consumer, and another thing called money. Pair those together and you will find one million reasons as to why someone would want me to dream about owning/having/buying/experiencing a number of specific things.

In order for someone to feel as if they're living the dream, someone else need to feel the opposite. That someone else is mostly me, and maybe sometimes you. I'm fed up. Don't get me wrong, I love to dream. But I want the dreams to be my own. I want them to be genuine. I want them to accumulate some kind of constructive force within, not destroying everything in their way. I want them to make me a better person, not a jealous one. Do you see what I mean? Maybe it's just me and my somewhat low self-esteem talking. Oh, well. Whatever.


Important stuff, people. Important stuff.
Please feel free to comment on that.
Over and out. 



Edit (late night addition): OK, so obviously that was a spur-of-the-moment text. Not well thought through and not very well explained. But still: I'M PROVOKED!

1 comment:

fanny said...

Hej Maddie! Vad duktig du är på att skriva på engelska. saknar dig och tänker påp vår londonresa ibland. crazy times. love / fanny